About Next Wave Consulting
Next Wave was founded in 1993 by former librarian and publishing industry veteran Deborah Lynne Wiley. Her more than 25 years experience in the information industry included international marketing, electronic product development,online training, customer support, contract negotiation, salesforecasting and competitive analysis, project design and implementation.
Next Wave was started to help publishers of all sizes enter the digital age. We guide even the most untraditional organizations through the process of creating, marketing, disseminating, and managing electronic information.
Next Wave is a virtual organization headquartered on a 40ft sailboat currently on the Chesapeake Bay. We network with carefully selected individuals and organizations to offer a complete solution for your information needs.
Ms. Wiley has published a number of articles and is often a speaker at industry conferences. She also writes the book review column, Hardcopy, for ONLINE magazine.
Successful projects have included:Marketing and Market Research:
- Created marketing strategy for an internet-based database for a major scientific publisher
- Conducted market research for new internet-based housing information project
- Competitive analysis for a prospective telecommunications database
- Developed and/or maintained web sites for several organizations
- Assisted in development of a hybrid CD-ROM/internet database
- Designed WWW database system for environmental publisher
- Set up in-house electronic publishing program for government department
- Created strategic plan for internet access and use for a professional association
- Designed a CD-ROM based product catalog for an electronics company
- Wrote Up and Running with the Internet, an undergraduate textbook
Organizations served include:
- Designed and implemented online training courses for 9 major scientific databases
- Designed and implemented a 3 week training course on information technology for librarians from developing countries
- Designed and taught over 100 courses on internet access and use for small businesses, non-profits, government agencies and librarians